Tuesday, October 9, 2012

One year ago yesterday I married my best friend on a gorgeous and warm fall day in southern Minnesota.  Everything about the wedding day turned out how I imagined it.  We celebrated most of the weekend, visiting an apple orchard and winery on Saturday and going out for a nice dinner last night.  My husband Tom surprised me in my classroom at school by bringing me flowers.  He even brought chocolate chip cookies for the kids!  It was the sweetest gesture!  Over dinner, he surprised me with a Beleek clock that is being shipped from Ireland.  Apparently, the new tradition for first year anniversaries is to give a clock.  While this may have seemed strange to most couples, Tom saw it as the perfect opportunity to make our first anniversary special by using the clock as a reminder that someday we will visit Ireland:)  Beleek China is very special to my family since we are very Irish.  It was the perfect gift and I am so excited to see it when it arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment