Friday, June 28, 2013

Quick 'n Easy

The sunshine we have had the past two weeks has really helped my garden!  The spinach is shooting up like crazy and the tomatoes are starting to come in. I decided to make a favorite quick and easy dinner tonight to use up some of that fresh spinach!
 
First I cut up red, green, and yellow bell peppers, along with broccoli.  Then I cut up a chicken sausage from Trader Joes and threw some spinach in the mix. I  added one tablespoon of olive oil into a bowl with the goodies and mixed. 





After the grill heated up, I put the mix on my grill pan and let it cook for 5 minutes, stirred, then grilled for another 5 minutes. Voila! A delicious, nutritious, and EASY dinner. Yum!





 For fun, here is another quick and easy lunch or dinner!  Buffalo chicken salad made with Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce and enjoyed with Bolthouse Farms Ranch Yogurt Dressing on the side.  Love making this and throwing in a mix of favorite produce!








Also, shout out to my sister Katie for sharing with me a cool way to grow celery.  Cut the round end off of a stalk of celery and put it in a bowl of water standing up.  It will slowly grow a new stalk of celery!  Very thrifty and love this idea because I eat a lot of celery! Thanks Katie! 

In upcoming holiday spirit, here is the picture that changed my life.  Taken on the 4th of July, 2009.
 

1 comment:

  1. You truly inspired me to try something new n nummy n healthy. I love crunchy tacos and I put my leftovers buffalo chicken salad in a slightly toasted crunchy taco shell. NUMMY!

    ReplyDelete