Sunday, July 7, 2013

Full and Happy Heart

I often tease my husband that a crabby wife makes a crabby life.  As I was sitting in Church this morning I thought about all of the things I am so grateful for which led me to realize that I need to make less time for crabbiness and try to truly live in the moment.  The long holiday weekend was filled with family and friends and was the reason for happy smiles:)

On Thursday, Tom and I celebrated the 4th of July at his aunt's house where we ate good food and played volleyball and croquet all afternoon in the sunshine.  We enjoyed fireworks at my brother and sister-in-law's house in Coon Rapids which were very impressive!

On Friday, I got to hang out with my niece Sophia who is just over a month old.  She is the sweetest!

On Friday afternoon, my best friend and former roommate Jenna came up to visit and hang out for the night.  We celebrated her bachelorette party last weekend with a party bus which was a blast!  She is getting married in August and the summer is already flying by.  I was so happy that she was able to come up so we could spend some quality girl time together.  We are so natural together and can gab for hours:)

Tom dropped us off at the Outlet mall so we could check out some sales, then we walked a little over 2 miles home, freshened up, and headed out to dinner at the River Inn.  We ordered a cheeseburger and buffalo chicken wrap and split them.  Then we enjoyed Dairy Queen on the way home...no shame:)  Tom surprised us with a scary movie, The Call, and some candy to enjoy with it.  The movie was good and the Sour Patch Kids were excellent:)  Saturday morning, we went to spin class (Jen joined us too!) to start our day off right.  After Jenna went home, Tom and I drove down to Edina to go to my brother Patrick's house warming party.  We got to see my uncle Steve, Beth, and my parents, who were in the metro to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary!
It was fun to catch up with some family and Patrick's friends and enjoy his awesome backyard.  He grilled me a turkey dog on a gluten free bun that was delicious.  Thanks for the great time Patrick!

Tom and I scooted back home to get ready for our friend Jen's birthday dinner at Redstone that night.  We had a great time with Jen, Roger, Nick, and April.  I had a delicious Asian chopped salad that I forgot to take a picture of, along with a yummy martini called a Stoli Doli.  Jen and Roger ended up coming over after to watch another scary movie, the Possession.  I do not do well with scary movies and had my head in the blanket for much of the movie.

This morning we attended Sophia's baptism.  Such a special day for a beautiful baby:)  I really had a terrific weekend surrounded by family and friends.  I feel so blessed and thankful to have amazing people in my life that inspire me to take care of myself so that I can strive to be a positive, kind, and helpful sister, daughter, aunt, wife, and friend.  "Happy wife, happy life" is a much better quote:)

No comments:

Post a Comment