Monday, July 8, 2013

Run and Done!

Well, I did it! I ran 5 miles after a mile of walking for a warm up.  I headed out at about 1:00 in the heat and beautiful sunshine and had a great loop around my neighborhood. 


 

 It felt awesome and I am proud of myself for doing it considering I haven't been running nearly as much as I used to.  Last summer when I was training for my first half marathon, I ran five days a week.  Now, I am lucky to run twice a week.  I will slowly but surely get back into it.  I think running might be like an old friend.  It's always there when you want to give it a try again; just may take some warming up at first.  I enjoyed a fresh smoothie for lunch when I got home.  Into the blender went 1/2 cup Fage Greek Yogurt, some cut up strawberries, and a handful of frozen blueberries.  I also added 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk along with 1/2 scoop of whey protein.  Yum!  

Tonight, I am going to make this amazing orange chicken recipe that Tom and I really enjoy.  
Try it out!

 orange chicken8

Click here for recipe: Orange Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment